Happy New Year ContestI. OBJECTIVE: We welcome the new year with a short CW Contest. All radio amateurs and SWL's are cordially invited.
II. DATES: Annually on 1 January from 0900 to 1200 UTC.
III. BANDS: 80m, 40m, 20m. T The band plan of IARU Region 1 must be respected!
IV. CATEGORIES: You can choose only one of the four categories.
Category 1: More than 150W Output (300W Input)
Category 2: Up to 150W Output (300W Input)
Category 3: Up to 5W Output (10W Input)
Category 4: SWL
V. OPERATION: Only CW (A1A). Only single OP.
1. CALL: CQ AGCW TEST
2. EXCHANGE: RST report plus a progressive contact serial number starting at 001 and incrementing by one for each contact. Members of AGCW must also give their membership number. Example: 599067/2583
1. QSO POINTS: Each complete QSO counts one point. Each station may be worked once per band. SWL-LOGS must contain both call signs and at least one complete logged report. SWLs may log up to 5 QSO of a specific station.
2. MULTIPLIERS: A QSO with a member of AGCW counts only once as a multiplier, regardless of the band.
3. TOTAL SCORE: Sum of QSO points multiplied with the sum of the multipliers.
VII. LOG SUBMISSION: Each participant must explicitly declare that he has complied with the contest rules.
1. ELECTRONIC LOGS: We prefer electronic logs. Send your log to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Here you can download a free software: http://www.arcomm.de/afusoft.htm
2. PAPER LOGS: Of course we also accept paper logs. In this case, the following columns are necessary: UTC, call sign the other station, band, exchange, multipliers.
3. MANAGER: Daniel Schirmer, DL5SE, Am Teich 15, D-25917 Stadum, Germany.
4. DEADLINE: Arrived at the manager until 31 January.
Results can be requested from the manager. In this case send a self-addressed and stamped envelope (SASE).