Objective||Activation of the semi-automatic keys (Bugs). All radio amateurs are invited to revive the 80m band with the distinctive sound of their bugs.|
Dates|| Every third Wednesday in February from 1900 to 2030 UTC.|
Next date: 20 FEB 2013
|III. Bands||80 m (3510-3560kHz). The IARU Region 1 band plan must be adhered to!|
|IV. Operation||Only CW (A1A). Only semi-automatic keys (Bugs) are allowed.|
- CALL: CQ BUG
- Both call signs have to be sent at the start of a QSO.
Example: DL1ABC de DL9XYZ.
- EXCHANGE: RST report plus a progressive 3-digit serial number starting at 001/the year in which the OP mastered the first time a semi-automatic key. Example: 579001/61
- QSO POINTS:
Each complete QSO is worth 1 point. Each station may only appear once in the log.
- TOTAL SCORE: Sum of
all QSO points.
|VI. Awards||Certificates for the top three. Each participant will receive a commemorative QSL card.|
- LOG INFORMATION: UTC, call, exchange sent/received, points, additional indication of the bug type, serial number and year of manufacture.
- ELECTRONIC LOG: We accept common log formats as TXT files.
- MANAGER: Ulf-Dietmar Ernst, DK9KR, Elbstraße 60, D-28199 Bremen, Germany.
- DEADLINE: Arrived at the manager until 15 March.